Sunday, April 26, 2009

Artificial iris (permanent colored contacts), is it possible?

Ok so I was wondering if there is a way to change the color of an iris, I'm curious I have blue green eye's and am happy with them but I was wondering if there is a way to implant colored contacs in the eye that may give the color a more real effect rather than normal contacts I found this website so can it actually be done (if you give them the money and if it actually can be done),would it be a very risky procedure could you go blind?





http://www.dr-schmidt-iol.de/iris.html?%26amp;... have to scroll down)





http://www.aao.org/aao/news/eyenet/catar...





http://www.aao.org/publications/eyenet/2...

Artificial iris (permanent colored contacts), is it possible?
I have heard of this. I do not know anyone that has done it though... but as with any eye surgery risk of blindness in probably involved.


It is obviously completely up to you to change your eye colour but plastic surgery can and does many times leave people depressed because they do not recognize themselves and such.


If you get this done, the colour you have known your eyes to be for a lifetime and have seen in the mirror every day will be gone. You ll never be able to see them again.








there are good lenses out there that give very real effects!
Reply:I have never heard of such a procedure. Before considering something, that sounds to be quite evasive, I would do A LOT of research about it (as in medical journals). We only have two eyes and I wouldn't want to go blind because of something that may sound appealing but has yet to be studied in depth.

Crooked Teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment