Sunday, April 26, 2009

Iris container garden???

I am not the greatest gardener but since buying a house last summer I am learning. We have kids, dogs, cats, and soon a infant so I dont want to plant things in the ground so I have started containers. I have columbines, grape hyacinth, mini sunflowers, salvia, lillies, and some other stuff. Back behind our house in what looks to be a old garden (previous owners didnt take care of the place) my husband found some plants they looked like Iris plants to me so I pulled them up. They are rhizomes so from what the lady across the street told me they are probably bearded iris. Can I grow these in large containers? She doesnt think you should grow anything in containers but she has a masive yard 2 yorkies and no kids!! I love iris and would love to grow these in containers someone help!!

Iris container garden???
I have grown iris in containers and they did just fine, but then again I grow all kinds of plants in containers. I found that the iris need a rather large container as they do tend to sprout babies and spread, but I rather neglected mine and they did just fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment