Sunday, April 26, 2009

Iris color question for the experts...?

Ok, I know that iris color is determined by melenin. And I know that most babies are born with light eyes that gradually darken as the melenin develops. So, can someone please explain to me why my baby was born with practically black eyes (could barely differentiate his pupil from iris)? He is now 3 months old and has brillant deep blue eyes. All our family on both sides have blue eyes so I'm prettys sure the color won't change much more. Just wondering what explains why this is so different from the typical light to dark development.





If anyone can explain this correctly I will be both surprised and most appreciative! TIA

Iris color question for the experts...?
While in the womb, your baby recieved large amounts of melanin to the eye, but later on, the body regulates it.

flowers gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment