Friday, May 21, 2010

Vizsla dog with a dark spot in his eye, on iris?

Hi, for the past few months I noticed my 5 year old Vizsla dog has a dark spot on his iris in one eye. It's like a dot of darker color. It doesn't seem to bother him. I will get it checked by the vet soon, but has anybody else ever seen this? What could it be? I think it might have gotten slightly larger recently.

Vizsla dog with a dark spot in his eye, on iris?
Please take him to the vet for evaluation. It could be nothing at all, but it could also be a cancerous or benign growth/cyst.





I've seen dark spots in the iris before and often they're just 'freckles'. But if he didn't have it from puppyhood/young adult, and it may be growing, it should be checked out as soon as possible.


Good Luck!
Reply:I haven't seen this in person, but have come across it in my research online. I adopted a cat with two different-colored eyes and the vet was concerned about one of them. This can be a form of cancer. I'd get him in sooner rather than later for a diagnosis. If it is cancer, time is important for treatment.





Another possible cause could be trauma - if he got hit in the head with a ball or ran into the corner of the wall, for instance.

plants flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment